Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pete on the Stones

Great interview with Pete Townshend of the 'oo. I love this bit about the Stones.

"I spoke to Mick Jagger on the phone the other day – the Stones were going into rehearsal in Boston. I said, 'How's it going?' and he said, 'Er, all right.' I said, 'How's Keith?' 'All right.' 'How's Ronnie?' 'All right.' And I said, 'So how are you?' And he said, 'Well, I'm still doing f***ing everything.' Mick does actually organise every little detail of the tour, while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not, that's the big decision of the day. Yet the Stones are Mick's gang, he's stuck with them.

The rest of this interview can be found here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/12/14/bmpete114.xml

No comments: